Celebrating on Sydney Harbour is the ultimate party venue for locals and visitors to Sydney, but with an array of boats floating around the harbour, how do you know which boat you should hire?
The team at Sea Sydney Harbour (SSH) are experts in the industry and we specialise in catamaran hire because we believe this type of vessel is the ideal way to explore and celebrate on the harbour.
Here are our top reasons, why your boat of choice should be a catamaran when hiring a vessel for your next harbour cruise.
WHY A CATAMARAN ?
1. Great layouts and a large amount of space – Catamarans are wider than monohulls, and ultimately this allows them to offer much more deck space for you and your guests to enjoy. While catamarans are often associated with cruising in the warmer months, they have a great mix of indoor and outdoor areas and can be enjoyed in all weather conditions. The layout onboard is functional and allows guests to mingle easily and enjoy the water comfortably.
2. Safe and stable – As catamarans have two hulls, the stability of the vessel is great. The vessel will cut through the water smoothly and there is no severe rocking from side to side. It’s like having two feet on the ground instead of one – you have much more balance! If you’re someone that fears swell or is prone to motion sickness, a catamaran will allow you the best opportunity to enjoy your cruise.
3. Views all round – Catamarans give you the best 360-degree views you can ask for! With Sydney Harbour being one of the best in the world, whether you are a local or visitor to the city, you don’t want to be on a boat and not enjoy the views of the famous Sydney landmarks and cityscape. With spacious saloon areas, and large clear windows these vessels are ideal for general sightseeing, but even better for special events such as viewing the Sydney NYE fireworks or Vivid Sydney from the water.
4. Cruising in shallow water is easy – Hiring a vessel in Summer and hoping to go for a swim? Catamarans have a very shallow draft, which means your skipper can manoeuvre the vessel through shallow waters, where other vessels may not be able to go. The vessel can anchor in quiet coves and get close to beaches, so if you are planning to take a dip in the harbour, this can be done in shallow bays and waters.
5. Those holiday feels – Ever find yourself daydreaming of Summer in Europe, cruising the Greek Islands, Croatia, or any other beautiful island? We know we do! The catamaran – with those front nets to feel the splash of the fresh water on your legs – is the iconic symbol of a holiday experience on the water, and cruising on a catamaran in Sydney Harbour, is the closest experience to those holiday feels that you can get, without leaving your local city.
Are you convinced yet?!? These are just a few reasons why your boat of choice should be a catamaran when you want to get out on Sydney Harbour next. If you have questions or want further information on catamaran options, the Sea Sydney Harbour team is always happy to help.
#seasydneyharbour #onaboat #sydney #sydneyharbour #eventplanning #partyplanning #boat #catamaran #privateboathire #floatingvenue #allthingsnautical