Hosting a celebration on a boat calls for some great party theme ideas that are easy but definitely filled with costume fun! Captain Frank loves a great party theme and he loves see new ideas on board the boats!
Theme ideas can definitely lift the fun of a party, however being an outdoor venue away from home you want something that your group will get on board with, but nothing too out there that it makes your guests feel uncomfortable.
The team put their heads together, and these were some of their top picks. Be sure to adapt them to make them your own!
- Hello Sailor – It might be said that the nautical theme when on a boat is overdone, but it certainly never gets outdated.
- When I Grow Up – Totally dependent on individual interests, this theme allows costume ideas to be as wild and creative as imaginations will run. The list of costume genres is endless, with ideas ranging from actors/actresses to politicians to sports stars, just to name a few.
- Summer Beach Fun – Out on the water where the potential for clothing to come off (due to swimming) is high, so why not make the appropriate attire part of your theme? A beachy theme sets the mood for a relaxed fun-filled party.
- Moustache Party – A small addition to your everyday outfit, this little touch of fun will be sure to add some laughs to your day. Which moustache suits your personality???
- Fire & Ice – A powerful theme but simple to implement (and perhaps originally taken from a popular TV show). For those that are more outgoing with their costume ideas, there is nothing that says this party theme can’t be taken literally.
- Polka Dot Cutesy – Much more subtle than most other themes, guests are encouraged to wear a polka dot garment. Makes for a cute photo opportunity! Alternatively you can opt for a different pattern or specific colour choice.
Pick one of these party themes or create your own theme… the important thing is that you have fun fun fun!!!
#seasydneyharbour #onaboat #sydney #sydneyharbour #party #partythemeideas #allthingsnautical