Summer celebrations on a boat are perfect for any occasion. And you can’t have a celebration without enjoying some amazing food!
For a more relaxed feel enjoy some nibbles to start, a great Aussie BBQ and of course, you can’t have a BBQ without some side salads! We’ve provided two refreshing options for Summer salads that are tasty, filling, loved by Captain Frank, and best of all appropriate for being on a boat.
HALOUMI & SPICED LENTIL VEGGIE SALAD
This salad is great for Summer lunches or dinners. Serve with freshly BBQ’d haloumi slices, for a mouth-watering side that will steal the show.
Serves: 4 Prep: 10 mins Cooking Time: 5 mins
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 2 tsp ground coriander
- 1 red onion, finely chopped
- 2 x 400g cans brown lentils, rinsed, drained
- 2 cucumbers, chopped
- 350g medley tomatoes, halved
- 50g baby rocket leaves
- 1 cup flat-leaf parsley leaves
- 1 lemon, zested, juiced
- 2 tbs olive oil
- 180g haloumi, cut into 1-cm thick slices
- Heat a small frying pan over high heat. Add the cumin and coriander, and cook for 1 min or until toasted. Combine the spice mixture, onion, lentils cucumber, tomato, rocket and parsley in a large bowl. Drizzle with lemon juice and half the oil. Toss to combine. Season with salt and pepper.
- Heat the remaining oil in a medium frying pan over high heat. Add the haloumi and cook for 2 mins each side or until golden.
- Divide the lentil salad among serving plates. Top with haloumi and sprinkle with lemon zest to serve.
Recipe by Curtis Stone
PRAWN, MANGO & AVOCADO SALAD
For a refreshing and easy to prep salad, look no further then this colourful dish. Add warmth by grilling the prawns on the BBQ, or serve fresh. Perfect for any outdoor meal!
Serves: 4 Prep: 25 mins Cooking Time: 5 mins (optional)
- 400g cooked tiger prawns
- 2 mangos, cut into 2cm cubes
- 2 avocados, cut into 2cm cubes
- 2 limes, plus lime wedges to serve
- 1/3 cup finely chopped coriander leaves
- 1 long red chilli, seed removed, finely chopped
- 1 tbs honey
- 1 tbs extra virgin olive oil
- 1 iceberg lettuce, leaves separated
- Peel, devein and roughly chop half the prawns. Place in a bowl with mango and avocado.
- Grate the zest of half a lime, then juice both limes. Place the lime zest and juice in a small bowl with the coriander, chilli, honey and oil. Whisk to combine and season well. Pour over prawn mixture and toss to combine.
- Add lettuce leaves to salad mixture and serve with the remaining prawns and lime.
Recipe is a moderation from www.taste.com.au
IT’S SUMMER TIME!
Enjoy these salads with a great Aussie BBQ on a boat cruising Sydney Harbour and take in the views of one of the world’s most beautiful harbours. Once on board the crew will find a nice calm destination to anchor the vessel and cook the BBQ for you and your guests, so you can relax and enjoy your company and the amazing scenery.
Visit http://www.seasydneyharbour.com.au/private-charters.html for further information or contact us directly to make an enquiry. There is no better place to experience an Aussie BBQ!
Do you have a tasty Summer salad to share? Share your favourite flavours with us on Instagram – #seasydneyharbour #onaboat #summer #summersaladsensations #summerfun #yesimadeit