Special occasions are times when the saying “calories don’t count” is heard often. So why not indulge in some sweet homemade Easter treats.
Here are 2 cute but simple recipes that are guaranteed to please and impress your guests! Created as single servings these treats are perfect for parties and gatherings hosted at any venue – at home, outdoors, or even on a boat.
WHITE CHOCOLATE & PASSIONFRUIT MOUSSE
Served in an Easter egg shell, these treats take less than 30 minutes to prepare and are guaranteed to be a crowd pleaser!
Makes: 6 Prep: 5 mins Cooking Time: 15 mins
- 3 egg yolks
- ¼ cup caster sugar
- ½ cup passionfruit pulp
- 150g white chocolate
- 300ml thickened cream
- 3 egg whites
- 6 medium Easter eggs
- Use an electric beater to beat 3 egg yolks and ¼ cup caster sugar until pale and creamy. Fold in ½ cup passionfruit pulp alternately with 150g white chocolate, melted and cooled slightly.
- Beat 300ml thickened cream until soft peaks form, and in a separate bowl beat 3 egg whites until firm peaks form. Fold into the passionfruit mixture.
- Break tops from 6 medium Easter eggs and sit eggs in serving glasses. Fill with mousse and refrigerate for 3-4 hours or overnight until set.
- Optional: Serve with chocolate shards for dipping.
Recipe by Michelle Southan (www.taste.com.au)
These fun treats are great for all ages, but will certainly capture the attention of the children at your party. Cute and picture perfect, these can be created in less than 1 hour!
Makes: 12 Prep: 45 mins
- 200g packet milk chocolate melts
- 100g packet Chang’s fried noodles, roughly crushed
- ¾ cup pink fairy floss
- 110g packet candy coated milk chocolate Easter eggs
- 12 miniature toy chickens
Note: Fairy Floss is available from some delicatessen and also Kmart. Nests should be eaten straight away, as fairy floss will disintegrate. Miniature toy chickens are available from craft stores.
- Grease a 12 hole, 1½-tablespoon capacity round-based patty pan. Line the base and sides of each hole with a strip of baking paper.
- Place chocolate melts in a heatproof, microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on medium-high heat for 2-3 minutes, stirring every 30 seconds with a metal spoon, or until melted and smooth.
- Add noodles to melted chocolate. Stir to combine. Working quickly, place 1 rounded tablespoon mixture in each hole. Using a spoon, mould into a nest shape. Refrigerate for 30 minutes or until set.
- Remove nests from pan by sliding a butter knife under baking paper. Remove paper and arrange on a large plate. Place a little fairy floss in the base of each nest. Top each nest with 1 Easter egg and a miniature chicken. Serve immediately.
Recipe by Sarah Murphy (www.taste.com.au)
IT’S PARTY TIME!
To compliment these fabulous dessert treats, consider a fabulous party venue! Why not try something different this year for your Easter celebration and take your party off dry land and onto stunning Sydney Harbour!
Enjoy uninterrupted views on one of the world’s most beautiful harbours and celebrate with Sea Sydney Harbour. Visit http://www.seasydneyharbour.com.au/private-charters.html for further information or contact us directly to make an enquiry or book your private charter!
Do you have a fabulous Easter treat that you would love to share? Share your Easter creations on Instagram – #seasydneyharbour #onaboat #easter #eastertreats #easterfun