It’s certainly public knowledge now that Captain Frank has a new girl that he’s been giving his attention to – by “girl” we do mean “vessel” – and he’s been spending much of his days with her, getting to know all the details.
Her name is Fleetwing II, and she is a luxury motor catamaran that can accommodate for small to medium sized groups for private charters. She has been in Sydney Harbour for some years, but it is only in the recent months that the bond between Fleetwing II and Captain Frank has begun and he’s been giving her a bit of a facelift. Her new look officially launches in October, ready for a busy Summer season!
While it’s certainly still early days and the Captain has a lot to learn about the vessel, we wanted to find out what his favourite features were on Fleetwing II and why the Captain would recommend hiring this vessel for your next private function.
HERE’S WHAT WE DISCOVERED…
1. He loves THE WHEELHOUSE – traditionally the wheelhouse is defined as part of a boat or ship serving as shelter for the person at the helm. This space is very large on Fleetwing II and has all the equipment one would need to navigate the vessel. Captain Frank often invites guests to join him in the wheelhouse and shares his knowledge of the harbour and boats, while they enjoy the amazing Sydney Harbour views.
2. The SPACE IS FUNCTIONAL – with 3 main deck spaces on board including the internal cabin, the back deck and the upper deck, there is no shortage of space on this vessel. The spaces flow nicely together so guests can mingle with each other with ease, and the mix of indoor and outdoor areas makes this vessel ideal for all occasions throughout the year, whether it be in Summer or Winter.
3. He loves the BIG ENGINES – we don’t know much about the details of the engines, but there are two on board and they are big! If you ask the Captain about them, he would almost certainly be in his element.
4. THE BAR is a great feature – situated in the ideal location at the bow of the vessel, the bar area is a great set up for both passengers on board and the crew. With it’s new metallic design, it is the focal point upon boarding the vessel and no doubt a place that guests cull to and love to have a chat. It’s a relatively spacious bar, which flows into galley access for the crew and for private charters there is the option to select a beverage package, purchase drinks on consumption or you can even BYO drinks, which are then served by the qualified RSA crew.
5. THE BOW AREA is a forgotten gem – often overlooked when talking about the flow and function of the space, the bow (or front of the vessel) is undoubtedly a great feature and great space to spend your time. It’s from here that you can capture some amazing shots of Sydney Harbour! With easy access from the internal cabin, it’s a great place to soak in some sunshine, relax and enjoy your time on a boat.
Talking about favourite features, we had to stop Captain Frank at 5, as he undoubtedly loves many things about this vessel. The Captain then went on to tell us about all the work that’s been happening behind the scenes to give Fleetwing II a new look, but we don’t want to spoil all the secrets – it’s best if you see these first hand on board!
Fleetwing II is available for private charters all year round and the vessel is ideal to hire for your next function. Whether it is a birthday, hen’s party, buck’s party, corporate event or Christmas party, Fleetwing II is the perfect floating venue on Sydney Harbour!
To find out more information contact the Sea Sydney Harbour team – email email@example.com or phone +61 452 188 739.
#seasydneyharbour #onaboat #sydney #sydneyharbour #fleetwingII #boat #catamaran #floatingvenue #allthingsnautical